Diversions in place this Friday night and Saturday night 11th and 12th March.
Vital, routine maintenance work is scheduled to be carried out on the QEII bridge this weekend. The works will be carried out overnight to ensure minimal disruption, traffic flows are lowest at these times. However, drivers are advised to plan their journeys and allow for extra time.
These essential works are to replace the bridge bearings that allow expansion and contraction with changes in temperature, providing drivers with safer and more reliable journeys and an altogether happier commute.
The closures are as follows:
- Friday night (11th March) 11pm – 6am
- Saturday night (12th March) 10pm – 6am
Traffic will be stopped briefly while the temporary contraflow is set up and removed following works.
Southbound traffic will be diverted to use the East Tunnel. A height restriction of 4.8 metres will be in place for northbound traffic.
The southbound entry slip road at junction 31 will be closed due to the contraflow being in place. A diversion will be in place via junction 30.
- Keep within the speed limit, it is there for your safety.
- Get into the correct lane in good time – don’t keep switching.
- Concentrate on the road ahead, not the roadworks.
- Be alert for works’ traffic leaving or entering roadworks.
- Keep a safe distance, there could be queues in front of you.
- Observe all signs, they are there to help you.
- Be alert for road workers – the roads are their workplace.
Information from Highways England
From a phone or mobile device m.highways.gov.uk (please be safe and legal if behind the wheel)
Twitter: for South East @highwaysSEAST