Coming up on this weeks Flashback with Judders
Written by karen on September 6, 2017
This week on the Flashback (Sunday 10th September)
Join “Archbishop Flash-backer Judders” on the Flashback Show this Sunday from 10am, as we travel back to the furthest we’ve ever travelled.
This week Judders relieves the chart of the week-ending 11th September 1958! Hand picking some of the best songs out of this weeks chart.
Top 20 – Week-ending 11th September 1958:
20. NEW ENTRY: Tony Brent – Girl of my dreams
19. Joe “Mr Piano” Henderson – Trudie
18. Four Preps – Big Man
17. Buddy Holly – Early in the Morning*
16. Harry Belafonte – Little Bernadette*
15. NEW ENTRY: Domenico Modugno – Volare
14. Max Bygraves – Tulips from Amsterdam/You Need Hands*
13. Buddy Holly – Rave On*
12. The Coasters – Yakety Yak*
11. Elvis Presley – Hard Headed Woman*
10. Charlie Drake – Splish Splash
9. Ricky Nelson – Poor Little Fool
8. Perez Prado – Patricia*
7. Peggy Lee – Fever*
6. Marty Wilde – Endless Sleep
5. Dean Martin – Volare*
4. Connie Francis – Stupid Cupid/Carolina Moon*
3. Everly Brothers – All I Have to do is dream/Claudette*
2. Dean Martin – Return to me*
1. Kalin Twins – When*
It was the year of the Munich Air disaster, the Queen gives the title of “Prince of Wales” & the first parking meters were installed across the UK.
Also this week, we re-visit the chart of the week-ending 11th September 1976, playing the hits from a chart that saw songs moving up, songs moving down, non-movers and new entries, music including: Lou Rawls, Elton John & Kiki Dee, Dr. Hook, Tavares, Bay City Rollers & 5000 Volts….Just to name a few!
The Flashback with Judders is on-air every Sunday from 10am – 12pm. Playing the hits from 2 classic charts, ranging from the 50’s – 90’s.
Then from 12 Noon, it’s your Sunday Requests, with the letters, cards & e-mails that have been coming through to us over the past 7 days. To request a dedication for a loved one, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (The deadline is Thursday of each week) Remember to let us know all about the recipient, the occasion, favourite song and a particular time (between 12pm & 1pm)