Swale Volunteer Awards 2016 – Your Vote Counts!
Written by karen on 12 January 2016
Swale Borough Council are recognising the hard work of those special individuals within the Borough of Swale who give their time to put something back in to their community.
Last year BRFM was nominated and awarded Silver Certificate for Volunteer Team of the Year. Supporters of BRFM have nominated the station again this year:
Fund raising award (team or individual, focusing on the method used rather than the amount raised) Our very own DCD team, Elwood and Peter have been nominated for their fundraising last year during Comic Relief. They stayed awake for 48 hours straight and continued broadcasting the whole time. Many members of the community came along to support them and provide refreshments and I suspect to make sure they didn’t fall asleep. Well Done Guys. We must do it again.
You still have a chance to Nominate from the below categories. Your vote counts but remember nominations close This Friday 15th January. You can follow the link below to cast your nomination.
- Young Volunteer of the Year (18 years or under)
- Adult Volunteer of the Year (19 years+)
- Volunteering contribution to the environment (a volunteer or team in the environmental sector)
- Fund raising award (team or individual, focusing on the method used rather than the amount raised)
- Volunteering contribution to sport (a volunteer or team in the sport and leisure sector)
- Volunteer team of the year (recognising the achievements and hard work of a team – this could be the management team of a voluntary or community organisation, a board of school governors, board of trustees or a coaching team for a local sports club)
- Volunteering contribution to creativity, culture or heritage (an individual or team impacting on local culture, heritage or creativity).
One person from all the nominations will be selected as the winner for our outstanding achievement award.
Nominations open Monday 16 November 2015 and are open until midnight Friday 15 January 2016.
To become a sponsor of the 2015 Volunteer Swale Awards please email 01795 417193.
Online nomination form
You can nominate by completing our online nomination form.
You can also submit any supporting photos or videos along with name of the nominee by email.
You can download a nomination form to complete (PDF 863kb). Scanned and email it or post it: Freepost RTJT-RZTJ-KYZK Volunteer Swale, CSU, Swale Borough Council, Swale House, East Street, Sittingbourne, Kent, ME10 3BR. Remember the closing date is this Friday (15th January)