this year at The Sittingbourne & Kemsley Light Railway @Stopem @SandKLR
Written by karen on March 22, 2017
- Work Weekend this weekend and 8/9th April
- Good Friday to Easter Monday (14-17th April) we have 4 days of steam with trains departing Sittingbourne Viaduct station hourly from 11am until 4pm
Then every Sunday 1-4pm until the end of September, special events this year are:
- 1st & 2nd May – Jack the Station Cat weekend – Jack’s back for more adventures
- Sunday 28th May – Teddy Bears Picnic – a return of an old classic event, children accompanied by a teddy bear and full paying adult will travel free – it was so popular last year that we’re running it again this year!
- 1st & 2nd July – Steam & Beer – live music on Saturday and Captain Jack Sparrow on Sunday
- School holiday opening in August: 1-4pm every Wednesday and 11am – 4pm every Sunday
- Saturday 19th August – Art in the Park – pop-up station in Milton Creek Country Park
- 27th & 28th August – Ivor the Engine weekend
- 23rd & 24th September – End of Season Gala Weekend
- Footplate Experience courses – limited spaces, email for information
A round trip takes about an hour but you are welcome to stay longer at Kemsley Down and return on a later train.